High Street
north

(north of the 'Fish' to the parish boundary at the 'Dial inn')


                                                                                                                                                photo curtesy of Mike Reuter
photo one

    This picture is erroneously labeled Brettell Lane. Brettell Lane is to the left where the two men on the left are standing. The view is of the High Street looking south towards the 'Fish', with the present Dial Inn behind to the right.

 

                                                                                                                                                                     photo curtesy of Mike Reuter
photo two

    A view looking north towards Wordsley, photo one above was taken from roughly where the first pole on the right stands. The High Street ends just beyond the first pole on the left - the white building to the left of the pole is now a vetenarian practice. The large building with the sign 'John Guest & Sons' on its side disappeared many years ago, and the buildings immediately on the left and right were demolished in 1994 as part of the Brettell Lane road junction redevelopment.


photo three

    The interior of the Methodist Chapel in the High Street, probably in the 1920's.

     Contents

To contact us

     © amblecote history society 2009